Sunday, January 29, 2012

THE FIRM EXPRESS: FINAL REVIEW

So! Today was my 'final day' of The Firm Express!

Let's start with my overall thoughts on the program.

Look. If you need to do something every day (which - let's face it, we're supposed to work out every day in order to 'maintain') and 20 minutes is all that you have then this is the program for you.  I don't want any of you to get your hopes up and think that you're going to be like those people who drop 15 pounds and like 3 pant sizes in four weeks because...well it's just not realistic.

The end of my four weeks I am down 5 pounds (hooray!) and quite honestly, that's a lot for me.  I'm not a big woman, I'm only 5'3'', so 5 pounds means I'm now in between pant sizes, and I'm probably going to have to be wearing size sixes falling off of me for a little while with a belt before I can fit well into a size four again.

I had a rough first couple of days with the program, mostly because I was starting a new diet and getting myself back into the routine of working out - so my body was sore.  I mean SORE.  I was pumped because after only a day of a 20 minutes workout I didn't think it was possible to be as sore as I was.  The second week - if you remember, I was sick.  So that week was hard for me just because I didn't feel well at all.

And then weeks three and four, my life got busy so posting became lax but I still maintained the workout and diet.

I will say, I think my diet had more to do with my weight loss than the exercising.  I'll say this again, I thin it's great to have this 20 minute power workout but I think that it is best for MAINTAINING results, or MAINTAINING the goal weight once you have achieved it, more than anything else.

Would I recommend this program to buy? Sure.  I think it's a really good kick start to a real workout plan.  The truth of the matter is - if you want to see real results, you have to put the time in.  I'm not talking 20 minutes, I'm talking about an hour or so of a steady workout routine, at least five days a week.

I'm not done yet! I'm starting Brazil Butt Lift tomorrow and that is a combined program.  First four weeks is one schedule, and the second four weeks is the 'classic', so I'll be posting about THAT now, and after four weeks reveal my results (hopefully more than 5 pounds!) and then again after 8 weeks!

Let me know if this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment