Sunday, January 22, 2012

Rest day!

Well hello my lovely followers and readers!

I was so excited about today.  I know that this sounds really really super lame but I'll tell you all about it.  I'm not a huge veggie person and I have been looking on the internet to try and find interesting ways to cook things.  The texture of broccoli is gross to me. I mean GROSS.  The tops sort of pop and squish in your mouth and I don't do well with that.  So I've been eating asparagus pretty much every night and don't get me wrong I love asparagus, but it was time for something new tonight.

Guess what I did?

Boring normal day.
Breakfast:
Cheese eggs
Lunch:
Chicken soup/chicken
Dinner:
London broil, soy beans. WAIT FOR IT...CAULIFLOWER MASH.

Okay.  So here's the awesome part.  IT TASTES LIKE MASHED POTATOES.

Put it in a bowl and heat that baby in the microwave for 8-10 minutes until fork tender.  Thennnnn put it in a blender (yes, a blender). Add ingredients that you'd add to your mashed potatoes.  For me it was a little seasoned salt, a little bit of milk, and some pepper.  BLENDDDDD. And BAM. Mashed potatoes.  They only taste like cauliflower when they're cold. So there. Make some yumminess.  Have kids? Swap out their potato mash for cauliflower. MUCH HEALTHIER. They'll eat their veggies without knowing! Add a potato in with skins to trick them (with love).

No comments:

Post a Comment